FBA sales on Amazon.ca increase 100% over Black Friday and Cyber Monday
Fulfillment by Amazon delivered more than two billion items for sellers worldwide in 2016
FBA items shipped worldwide grew more than 50% during the holiday season
Thousands of sellers worldwide joined the Seller Fulfilled Prime program
SEATTLE — Amazon today announced that Marketplace sellers on Amazon.ca achieved a record-setting one billion in sales in 2016. The Amazon Marketplace creates opportunities for sellers, brand owners and entrepreneurs to reach customers around the world. FBA items shipped worldwide grew more than 50 percent during the holiday season, while Prime members ordered millions of items from sellers in the Seller Fulfilled Prime program offering free two-day or next-day shipping.
“2016 was a record-breaking year in sales worldwide for sellers on Amazon. The Amazon Marketplace empowers brand owners and retailers of all sizes, many of them small businesses, to reach customers around the world,” said Peter Faricy, VP for Amazon Marketplace. “In fact, according to our economic studies, sellers have created over 600,000 new jobs outside of Amazon. Sellers are choosing Amazon because we help them build and grow their businesses with impactful programs like Seller Fulfilled Prime, and we’re proud of the fact that sellers are reinvesting their success into their local communities by creating jobs.”
Here’s what sellers on Amazon.ca have said:
- “We have been selling on Amazon.ca for several years now. Thanks to the ongoing help and support of the dedicated management team at Amazon, 2016 was a banner year with 220 percent growth in sales.” – Gary Majdell, CEO of Majdell Group
- “As a company that is a little over a year old, Amazon’s programs and FBA services have helped us achieve a growth rate that is almost unheard of.” – David Sroka, Global Business Development Director – Art Naturals
- “Amazon.ca provides our business with the opportunity to reach millions of Canadian customers. We consider Amazon.ca an integral partner for our brand’s continued growth and international expansion strategy.” – Craig Romero, CEO – OZ Naturals, LLC
2016 selling on Amazon milestones
- Sellers on Amazon.ca achieved a record-setting one billion in sales in 2016.
- Sellers on Amazon.ca achieved over $350 million in sales during November and December.
- Sellers on Amazon.ca saw record-setting units sold in a day on Cyber Monday, growing 54 percent year-over-year.
- FBA sales on Amazon.ca increased 100 percent over Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Marketplace and FBA
- FBA delivered more than two billion items to customers worldwide.
- Active sellers worldwide using the FBA service grew more than 70 percent.
- Outside the U.S., FBA units shipped grew more than 80 percent.
- Using the FBA service, Amazon sellers from more than 130 different countries around the world fulfilled orders to customers in 185 countries.
- The Seller Fulfilled Prime program added more than six million new items that are now Prime eligible across the U.S., U.K., France, Germany and Japan.
- Sellers on Amazon that reached $100K sales grew by 30 percent.
- Sellers worldwide have created more than 600,000 new jobs outside of Amazon.
- Sellers worldwide received orders for more than 28 million items on Cyber Monday.
- FBA items shipped worldwide grew more than 50 percent year-over-year during the holiday season.
- Prime members worldwide ordered millions of items from sellers in the Seller Fulfilled Prime program offering free two-day or next-day shipping.
- Sponsored Products clicks worldwide grew by more than 150 percent driven by expansion of advertising placements on desktop and mobile sites.
- The number of sellers worldwide using Sponsored Products grew more than 100 percent.
- Sponsored Products introduced a new and convenient payment method, Unified Billing, which allows Sellers to deduct their advertising spend from sales proceeds.
- Sellers on Amazon Canada (www.amazon.ca) achieved a record-setting one billion in sales.
- Amazon Mexico (www.amazon.com.mx) continued its expansion by enabling more than 20,000 domestic and international sellers to add more than 50 million product offers available to Mexican customers.
- Popular brands that started selling on Amazon included American Girl, Lands’ End and Segway.
- Amazon introduced the Pan-European FBA program allowing sellers to build their international business by selling across all Amazon European marketplaces while shipping inventory to just one destination.
- Sellers on Amazon worldwide used capital from Amazon Lending loans to grow sales by an estimated $4 billion. The Amazon Lending program offers business loans to invited sellers on Amazon to help them grow their businesses.
- Amazon hosted more than 300 women-owned businesses in Seattle for the first-ever Amazon Marketplace Women’s Entrepreneur Conference.
Businesses interested in Selling on Amazon, FBA and Sponsored Products can visit us for more details at http://services.amazon.com.