By Hank Frecon
It’s estimated that digital advertising grew 12 percent over the last year, as many people were at home more during the pandemic. With billions being spent on trying to reach people as they watch videos, it only makes sense that marketers turn to new technology to advance key messaging to targeted consumers.
We think leading the way in helping them maximize their revenue with media’s new currency is vital, that’s why we came up with SAMs or Source Activated Moments. The idea was to create an innovative platform is helping companies stop wasting money and get more out of their video advertising efforts.
Many marketers are frustrated because they are spending more and more on digital advertising but are not seeing the results they want. These companies need to gain more control of their digital marketing efforts to get a result that justifies their expenditure. They need to understand how to grow their business, and at the same time give consumers what they are looking for in a seamless way.
When advertising campaigns are being switched to video platforms, we wanted to find a way to give businesses the data-driven, targeted data that allows more focused campaigns, providing what we think is a more effective way to offer their products or services to customers that have indicated interest during videos.
Here are five things to know about this new way to reach consumers through digital advertising, some of which may seem straightforward but it’s often not available or forgotten during execution and media channel choices:
1. New media currency (SAMs) focuses on not disrupting the viewer. People love to watch videos, but they have been turned off by the ads that interrupt what they are watching. Having a platform that will seamlessly allow targeted customers to watch a video without ad interruption, yet allow the marketer to promote something without stopping their video, can make a world of difference.
2. Many businesses turning to the new media currency are able to greatly increase their revenue, because we offer them an entirely new inventory to access to help grow their business.
3. Rather than traditional advertising working with particular networks, the new method of advertising works across platforms. This makes it easier for marketers to reach more people without having to put in more effort.
4. The more you know about the audience, the more you can tailor ads to them and improve engagement. The new media advertising platform helps advertisers get more insight into the audience, so they can use that to improve user experience and increase engagement.
5. The new currency is completely changing how online video advertising is done, and it’s doing so for the better. We all learned a lot from the prior ways that video ads were done, and that information has helped to create a better experience for all moving forward.
We see our platform as a powerful way to help transform the efforts put forth by marketing teams. We see it as a more efficient way of reaching audiences, increasing profits, and in getting the most from marketing budget investments. The platform quietly works in the background, gathering important data points about the person, so that it can provide a better user experience and increase engagement. We work with numerous major international companies to help create a more engaging and effective video advertising experience.
As a marketer, you need to thoroughly research the ways the new era offers you contextual commerce and advertising. Offering the first in-video, contextually driven, frictionless acquisition experience, seek technology that allows content creators, owners, brands, and retailers to seamlessly engage with viewers across any device or screen in real time. An immersive approach to interactive we strongly advocate technology which inspires brand loyalty organically through continuous, personalized engagement, reducing audience drift while yielding nuanced measurements and substantially increased avenues for monetization.
Hank Frecon is the CEO of Source Digital.